“With the right Occupational Therapy, you can enjoy life, whatever the challenges”
I graduated as an Occupational Therapist in 1998 from Latrobe University, Melbourne and am passionate about providing client-focused Occupational Therapy. It has been inspiring to work in hospital and community care settings in Australia and Ireland before establishing AdaptLifeOT, my private Occupational Therapy service based in Dublin.
I currently sit on the Council of the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland (AOTI) and am a founding member of IPATH, the Irish Professional Association for Transgender Health. I am currently working with Express YOUR Gender LTD. (expressYOURgender.com) to develop a community program for young, transgender women.
My holistic approach to my work ensures that my client’s physical and psychological issues are explored. My professional interests include seating and positioning, driving assessment, functional rehabilitation in community settings and non-binary gender identities.
Originally from Melbourne, Australia, I now reside in Dublin, where I live with my young family.
Sample of Recent CPD Activities
- AOTI Annual Conference - Occupational Therapy Leadership: Fostering Occupation-Based Practice 9 - 10 May 2014
- Motivational Interviewing Foundation Level 28 - 29 March 2014
- Model of Human Occupation Screening Tool(MOHOST): Theory, Content and Purpose. CEonCD 24th September, 2013
- Driving Assessment for OTs August 29 - 30 2013
- College of Occupational Therapists 37th Annual Conference, Glasgow, Scotland, 18th - 20th June 2013
- Sensory Processing Disorders, Sensorytraining.ie, Dublin, 13th June 2013
- Occupational Therapy and Fitness to Drive, Middletown Centre for Autism, Northern Ireland, 16th May, 2013
- Motivational Interviewing - a style of patient-centred counselling developed to facilitate change in health-related behaviours
- AMPS – Assessment of Motor and Process Skill. The only standardised assessment to evaluate the quality of a person's ADL task performance
- The Work (tm) – addresses the impact of stressful thoughts and self-stigma on functional ability
- FIM (tm) – Functional Independence Measure