“With the right Occupational Therapy, you can enjoy life, whatever the challenges”
I graduated as an Occupational Therapist in 1998 from Latrobe University, Melbourne and am passionate about providing client-focused Occupational Therapy.
My holistic approach to my work ensures that my client’s physical and psychological issues are explored. My professional interests include functional rehabilitation in community settings and non-binary gender identities.
While continuing to provide a rehabilitation service to my clients in Dublin, I am currently undertaking a Masters in Sexuality Studies at DCU. I will be researching ways to educate parents in sex education strategies for children of all abilities.
Originally from Melbourne Australia, I now reside in Dublin where I live with my young family.
Sample of Recent CPD Activities
- Sexual Development - Education and Support from Childhood to Adolescence, SIGCAP UCD, 25th April 2015
- Co presented: Transgender Healthcare: The Role of Occupational Therapy, AOTI MHAG Study Day 13th February 2015
- Transgender identity and occupational therapy Sheffield Hallam University, 12th November 2014
- AOTI Annual Conference - Occupational Therapy Leadership: Fostering Occupation-Based Practice 9 - 10 May 2014
- Motivational Interviewing Foundation Level 28 - 29 March 2014
- Model of Human Occupation Screening Tool(MOHOST): Theory, Content and Purpose. CEonCD 24th September, 2013
- Driving Assessment for OTs August 29 - 30 2013
- College of Occupational Therapists 37th Annual Conference, Glasgow, Scotland, 18th - 20th June 2013
- Motivational Interviewing - a style of patient-centred counselling developed to facilitate change in health-related behaviours
- AMPS – Assessment of Motor and Process Skill. The only standardised assessment to evaluate the quality of a person's ADL task performance
- The Work (tm) – addresses the impact of stressful thoughts and self-stigma on functional ability
- FIM (tm) – Functional Independence Measure