“With the right Occupational Therapy, you can enjoy life, whatever the challenges”
I graduated as an Occupational Therapist in 1998 from Latrobe University, Melbourne. I am passionate about providing client-focused Occupational Therapy with a holistic approach to physical and psychological issues.
Originally from Melbourne, Australia, I now reside in Dublin, where I have lived for 11 years with my family.
Here is a quick overview of my clinical experience:
Sample of Recent CPD Activities
- College of Occupational Therapists 37th Annual Conference, Glasgow, Scotland, 18th - 20th June 2013
- Sensory Processing Disorders, Sensorytraining.ie, Dublin, 13th June 2013
- Occupational Therapy and Fitness to Drive, Middletown Centre for Autism, Northern Ireland, 16th May, 2013
- AOTI Annual Conference - Evidence and Innovation, Mullingar, 19th - 20th April 2013
- Vocational Rehabilitation Workshop, UL Department of Clinical Therapies, Dublin, 5th December 2012
- Lifestyle Design Workshop, St Patricks University Hospital, Dublin, 1st November 2012
- Bariatric Basics, AOTI PPAG and Lisclare ltd, Mullingar, 12th October 2012
- Irish Ergonomics Society Annual Conference - Why Do People Do What They Do? Behavioural Safety, Ergonomics and Human Factors in the Workplace, Intel, Leixlip, May 17th, 2012
- AOTI Annual Conference - Occupation Our Unique Focus, Mullingar, April 27 - 28th 2012
- Office Ergonomic Evaluator Training, OCCUPRO Webinar, Wisconsin, USA. March 10th, 2012
- Mental Health Advisory Group Study Day AOTI, 10th February 2012
- AOTI (Association of Occupational Therapy Ireland) Housing Advisory Group Conference, 18 November 2011
- Deafness Awareness Training, Irish Deaf Society, 27th October 2011
- AOTI Housing Group Housing Course, 26-27 May 2011
- School for The Work (tm), Los Angeles, California, USA. 18 – 27 March 2011
(A way of coping with thoughts that cause fear, violence, depression, frustration and suffering)
Community Care (Area 2) Dublin South East (2004 - 2008)
One of a team of Occupational Therapists providing a home-based Occupational Therapy service for people over 65 with any diagnosis, and under 65 with a diagnosed long term illness or disability.
Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Dublin 7 (2001 - 2004)
Part of a ward-based assessment unit providing a short-term rehab and treatment service with home visiting as required.
Specialities covered include:
- Vascular Surgery
- Spinal Unit
- Infectious Diseases
- Heart Lung Transplant Unit.
BoxHill Hospital, Melbourne, Australia (1998 - 2001)
A ward based assessment, treatment and discharge planning service involving equipment prescription and home visiting.
Specialities covered include:
- Coronary Care
- General Surgery
- General Medical.
Also worked within a multidisciplinary outpatient based program in Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- AMPS – Assessment of Motor and Process Skill. The only standardised assessment to evaluate the quality of a person's ADL task performance.
- The Work (tm) – addressing the impact of stressful thoughts on functional ability
- FIM (tm) – Functional Independence Measure