“With the right Occupational Therapy, you can enjoy life, whatever the challenges”
I graduated as an Occupational Therapist in 1998 from Latrobe University, Melbourne and am passionate about providing client-focused Occupational Therapy.
My holistic approach to my work ensures that my client’s physical and psychological issues are explored. My professional interests include functional rehabilitation in community settings and non-binary gender identities.
While continuing to provide a rehabilitation service to my clients in Dublin, I am currently undertaking a Masters in Sexuality Studies at DCU. I will be researching ways to educate parents in sex education strategies for children of all abilities.
Originally from Melbourne Australia, I now reside in Dublin where I live with my young family.
- Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland
- Occupational Therapy Australia
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists
- International Association for the Study of Sexuality, Culture and Society
- Motivational Interviewing - a style of patient-centred counselling developed to facilitate change in health-related behaviours
- AMPS – Assessment of Motor and Process Skill. The only standardised assessment to evaluate the quality of a person's ADL task performance
- The Work (tm) – addresses the impact of stressful thoughts and self-stigma on functional ability and wellbeing
- FIM (tm) – Functional Independence Measure